Acrylic nails are applied using a liquid and a powder. The two ingredients are combined and the resulting bead of soft acrylic is placed onto your nails and shaped into an artificial nail enhancement. Acrylic hardens by exposure to room temperature air in about two minutes. Here at Glam Time Nail & Lash Art, I am proud to use Young Nails, as I believe in using the very best quality products.
Gel Nails are made from the same chemicals which are part of the acrylic family, but are different in that the nail gels themselves are a gel and not a powder. The gels are applied to your nails in several thinly applied layers and each layer MUST be cured under a UV lamp for about two minutes each.
Damage to the natural nail from any artificial nail enhancement is not caused by the enhancement but instead is caused by improper nail preparation, application and removal. Natural nail damage can be caused by over filing on the natural nail bed with a hand file or drill. Incorrect removal of acrylic (flicking it off the natural nail) or gel (peeling it off) can cause long term damage to the natural nail as layers of the natural nail are pulled off at the same time, causing the natural nails to become very thin and brittle.
DO NOT ALLOW ACRYLIC TO BE FLICKED OFF!
Acetone is a very safe product and does no damage to the nail. It can dry out the cuticles and skin though, which is why we moisturize after your nail treatment. We soak a maximum of 10 minutes and assist removal with an electric file ensuring no damage to the nail bed. You are in safe hands with a qualified nail technician.
- Always use gloves when washing dishes, cleaning or gardening
- Do not use your nails as tools, treat them as jewels
- If you feel they are getting too long, file them shorter to avoid banging them
- Do regular back fills, recommended every 3- 4 weeks
Over time the acrylic begins to lose adhesion to the nail and can lift. Acrylic should be removed and replaced every six to 12 months, although a person’s daily routine and home care plus how often they have infills does determine time too.
No, as the application of the back fill colour would have to be applied over the first colour, that will leave you with very thick and unnatural looking nails.
Fiddling with sides or pulling the natural nail away from the acrylic, nail biting in people who struggles with anxiety or some medication, allergies or stress.
No, we consult the appropriate lash extension style for your natural condition of your lashes (thickness, health, length). They are applied correctly and properly so it will not damage your lashes’ health. How you care for your lashes are very important. Never rub your eyes or pull on the extensions as it can cause lash lost and damage.
We follow a comprehensive procedure, which guarantees adherence to health and safety measures, by using sterilized equipment and adhesives that do not touch the skin. The process includes a consultation, lash preparation and cleansing, application and fan drying.
They will stay on anywhere from 2 – 4 weeks. The bond life depends on proper aftercare, preparation and application. Due to the lashes growth cycle, refills must be applied to fill in the gaps from the natural lashes that have fallen out.
Following the life circle of lashes, between 2-5 lashes fall out everyday, depending on one’s health, which means on average in 21 days, you would have lost up to 60 lashes before new lashes are produced, and some lashes grow longer than others, causing uneven extensions. This is why we need infills every 2- 3 weeks to maintain the gorgeous look.
Please do not try to remove lash extensions yourself, you will end up pulling out your natural lashes if your pick or pull on the extensions. We apply a special gel onto the extensions, that is made to weaken the bond of the glue, this way no damage is done to your natural lashes.
We use high-quality synthetic mink or silk lashes.
Unfortunately we don’t. You will need to book a full set if you are a first-time client with Butterfly Wings Nailbar. We are happy to help to safely remove the previous lashes at an additional cost of $30 before we do a new full set. Please let us know at the time of your booking that more time is allowed.
Use an oil-free cleanser. We recommend using baby shampoo diluted in water (one tablespoon baby shampoo in one cup of distilled water, mixed it well in a foam bottle). Gently clean the lashes twice a week, making sure to clean the undersides as well. Take your mascara wand (provided) and gently comb through your lashes. Rinse your lashes and pat dry. No rubbing or wiping!
NB: Not cleaning your lash extensions: like your hair, your lash extensions should be cleaned a couple of times per week and brushed everyday using a lash brush and lash cleanser. If you do not cleanse your lash extensions properly, dirt, oil, makeup will make extensions stick together, your pores will be blocked, so there is no place for new lashes to come out, causing lash damage.
I recommend over 21 years of age as you have to be very patient to lie with your eyes closed for at least two hours.
We don’t offer bottom lashes as they do not last.
- Not following the aftercare instructions;
- Using products that contain oils on or around the eye area (moisturisers, sunscreen, liquid eyeliner etc.);
- Swimming, sunbathing, spray tan, steam or sauna without wearing goggles;
- Clients that have oily skin or hair;
- Using a hair dryer near the eye area;
- Taking antibiotics or medical treatment, while their eyelashes have been extended;
- Sleeping on your face.
Please do not wear eye makeup, especially mascara, as it will take more time to remove your makeup and gives us less time to apply your lash extensions;
Eye makeup removal fee is $20;
Please do not wear contact lenses during application;
Please do not drink coffee, tea or energy drinks for at least two hours prior to your appointment as caffeine can cause your eyes to flutter involuntarily;
Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment, take some time to relax and fill in your consultation form. We ask our clients to arrive promptly for their appointments to ensure sufficient time for quality results.
While there is no fee for late arrivals, the length of the appointment may be reduced due to time restraints. Guests arriving over 15 mins late may be asked to reschedule, as accommodating late clients may inconvenience the next appointment. This will result in rescheduling and the cancellation/rescheduling policy will come into effect.
- Do not touch lashes 2 hours after the procedure;
- No moisturisers or excess heat for 24 hours;
- Wear goggles in high humidity (shower, sauna, steam or facial);
- Never get oil or moisturizer on lashes as oil degrades the glue;
- Use an oil-free makeup remover and micro-brush to remove makeup around eye area;
- Only use mascara that is specialised for lash extensions;
- Do not use oil-based eyeliner;
- Cleanse your extensions at least twice a week;
- Brush your lash extensions daily using a clean mascara wand;
- Do not rub your eyes or pull lashes out, it can damage your natural lashes;
- Do not wipe eyelashes with fabric that can catch and pull on eyelashes;
- Avoid using your hair dryer, smoke near the eye area which may cause damage to lash extensions.
- Shave, wax and/or use hair removal creams the day before of your tan;
- Exfoliate skin 8-24 hours prior to tan, with extra attention to elbows, knees and ankles;
- Do not apply any moisturizers, perfumes, oil makeup or deodorant;
- Pack a bag of loose clothing to wear after your tan and jandals. If rain is predicted, pack an umbrella, pants and covered shoes;
- Under garments can be worn and will create tan lines – or tan nude, disposable g-strings are available.
- Our spray tan solutions are water soluble and washes off your clothes without a trace.
- Wear loose clothing while tan develops;
- Do not apply perfume or deodorant;
- Don’t exercise, sweat, swim or bathe while your tan is processing. Water is the enemy to a developing tan;
- After 1 – 4 hours, shower normally. Do not use shower gels with exfoliates or abrasive products;
- Colour will wash off in the shower – this is normal. Your tan is developing underneath the bronzer that washes off;
- Pat, don’t rub skin with your towel;
- Apply moisturiser daily for a lasting tan.
Your tan will develop after your shower, the product takes 6-12 hours to build to its full colour potential.